Welcome to 222 Shuswap RCACS
Welcome to 222 Shuswap Royal Canadian Air Cadet Squadron. We are Salmon Arm’s local Air Cadet Squadron, providing Leadership, Citizenship, and Flight Training to youth aged 12-18.
We parade weekly Wednesdays from 6:15-9:15 PM at Camp Elkcanoe near Canoe Beach. To find out what is planned for this week, check out our Calendar!
If you are interested in Air Cadets, please feel free to explore our website, contact us, or visit us during our weekly parade.
- Next Parade Night:
- Date: Cadet parades are currently on hold due to COVID-19 limitation on In-Person Activities. Virtual Training may be planned. Continue to keep an eye out on Remind for updates.
- Location: Camp Elk Canoe: Canoe BC
- Uniform: C3 – Service Dress. Page 6C-5
- Upcoming events:
- Awards Night – Wednesday, June 9 @ 1830hrs.
- If you have not returned your yearly Cadet Verification or your Detailed Medical forms. they must be returned as soon as possible. If these forms are not returned, you may not be allowed to participate in Cadets.
- CO’s Monthly Message:
- Thank you for all of your patience in adjusting to all of the new rules this year – so far compliance has been high and our activities have run smoothly. It’s worth noting that not many cadet units have received permission to conduct activities in person and as such your assistance in following the rules has enabled us to be successful. We will be hosting a range day on the 7th, please refer to the website and Google drive for more information.
- //Original Signed//
- Don Ennis
- Commanding Officer
Cadet Parade Time Table:
- 1730 – 1800 hrs – Officers Arrive
- 1800 – 1815 hrs – Senior Cadets Arrive
- 1830 – 1845 hrs – All remaining Cadets Arrive
- 1845 – 1900 hrs – Fall in, Inspection and Opening Parade
- 1900 – 1910 hrs – COVID Cleaning
- 1910 – 1940 hrs – Instruction Period #1
- 1940 – 1950 hrs – COVID Cleaning
- 1950 – 2020 hrs – Instruction Period #2
- 2020 – 2040 hrs – COVID Cleaning
- 2040 – 2050 hrs – Secure and Clean Training Area
- 2050 – 2115 hrs – Closing Parade
- 2115 hrs – Dismissal
Canadian Forces Response to COVID-19
In an effort to resume Cadets in the current COVID-19 environment, the Commander of the National Cadet and Junior Ranger has ordered the following procedures take place this training year:
(1) Prior to departing home for any in-person activities, all adult personnel and cadets will complete the COVID-19 Self-Assessment Tool (https://www.thrive.health/healthcanada-self-assessment-tool) and follow the recommended guidance from Public Health Agency of Canada. Furthermore, anyone with symptoms of influenza is not to report for duty to any in-person activities;
(2) Without exception, the non-medical masks (NMMs) will be worn at all times by all adult personnel and cadets at any in-person activities (indoors and outdoors) including Corps/Squadron, CNS, CES and CFS. This will also apply to in-person RDA/NDA upon resumption not before 15 January 2021. If a cadet or adult staff member reports that they cannot wear a NMM due to health restrictions their participation is to be limited to virtual activities only and the RMLO must be advised through the chain of command.
RMLO will advise the RCSU CO and place the appropriate participation limitation on the cadet/member’s medical record;
(3) Procurement and distribution of reusable NMMs will not occur before 15 October 2020. In the interim, cadets and adult members
are to bring their own NMM to in-person activities; and
(4) when the sanitization/disinfection of facilities is not performed by the landlord then the corps/squadron staff are to do so in accordance with the Public Health Agency of Canada guide to cleaning and disinfecting public spaces found at this link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/publichealth/services/publications/diseases-conditions/cleaning-disinfectingpublic-spaces.html. Additionally, corps/squadron staff are to consult their applicable provincial or territorial health association/agency website for further guidance on local PHMs pertaining to the sanitization/disinfection of facilities;