The cadet program is offered without mandatory fees to interested youth. Uniforms, and Training Staff are provided through the Department of National Defense. The 222 Shuswap RCACS Sponsor provides all other funding, and there is an expectation that all cadets will participate in the sponsor’s fundraising activities. Additionally, the Sponsor requests $150 per year to cover the British Columbia Air Cadet League Cadet Assessment fee, however inability to pay will not preclude any cadet from participating. You can speak privately with the officers or sponsor chairperson if you would like your fees waived and/or reduced.
To be eligible for membership as a Cadet one must:
- be a legal resident of Canada;
- provide proof of provincial health insurance coverage (BC Care Card);
- be at least 12 years of age;
- not have attained 19 years of age;
- normally be in good physical condition*;
- not belong to another corps or squadron; and,
- be acceptable to the Commanding Officer (CO) of the cadet corps or squadron.
If you would like to join our squadron, please bring your Birth Certificate (or other legal identification such as a Canadian Passport), and BC Care Card in addition to the CF-1158 Form below, on any Regular Training Night; Wednesdays, 6:15-9:30 from September to June.
Please note that if you are transferring from any other Cadet Corps or Squadron you are not required to re-register, as we can simply reactivate your previous Cadet File!