Congratulations on achieving another year of Regular Cadet training, now is the time to start to think about your Summer Training Opportunities.
Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, Cadet Summer Training will be a little different than any other year. Cadets are offering two methods of participating in activities:
- Virtual Training: Courses will be offered in a number of areas covering all three elements of the Cadet program. You are welcome to select any of the courses offered based on your interest. Courses run from the 5th of July until the 13th of August. A complete list of the courses is included in the Virtual CTC Brochure 2021.
- In-Person Activities: Select courses “CAP in Communities” will be offered to cadets in an In-Person method in 24 communities in the province. Due to guidelines in place from the Provincial Medical Officer (PMO) and the Directorate of Cadets, these courses will be conducted based on the following guidelines:
- In-Person training will be offered within the local community or within one hour drive.
- Training will be Monday-Friday, between 0900 and 1630 hrs. There will be 8 x 40 min periods of instruction and an hour for lunch.
- Junior courses are 1 week long, senior courses are 2 weeks long. Note: Only the Basic and Junior level courses will be held in Salmon Arm due to staffing and accommodation limitations.
- Attendance for all training days is strongly encouraged and participation is expected for all POs. All assessments will be completed during training time.
- Generally, each course will allow for up to 30 participants. In total, we are planning for more than 8,700 in-person training opportunities this summer.
Salmon Arm is expected to conduct regional training during the week of the 16th to the 20th of August.
A “Letter to Parents” is included to assist parents/guardians in answering many of the questions with regards to this summer’s activities.
Registration: Fortress Technical Training and Activities serials are now open for all areas. Send an e-mail with the course that you would like to attend to either Capt. Ennis or Capt. Buerfeind to register for any courses.
- Cadets & Staff will be required to conduct a daily COVID self-assessment questionnaire.
- There will be daily COVID safety briefings.
- In-person activities may have to be altered, delayed, or cancelled based on changes to Public Health Measures.
- There are contingency plans in place should we need to delay in-person training.